Atrimmec Plant Growth Regulator is a systemic plant growth regulator which works by blocking the plant hormones that stimulate growth. Applied as a foliar spray, it is absorbed by the leaves and translocated to the shoot tips where it interrupts apical dominance and temporarily stops shoot elongation. One trimming and one Atrimmec application can last the entire season on many plants.
Spraying shrubs, hedges, trees and groundcovers not only reduces trimming and pruning labor by 50% or more, but Atrimmec also improves the appearance of landscape ornamentals. It promotes lateral branching giving plants a more dense, fuller look. Hedges and shrubs that show irregular shapes including damage from pests and weather, can fill in lushly, even on the old wood, particularly if treated under optimum growing conditions.
Atrimmec is now labeled for reduction/elimination of nuisance fruit on landscape plants and trees including olives.
- A systemic plant growth regulator spray-applied to retard growth of hedges, shrubs, trees and groundcovers
- Reduces trimming, pruning and clean-up maintenance by 50% or more
- In many areas, one trimming and treatment controls growth all season long
- Keeps plants the way you trimmed them longer — whether you trim for a formal appearance or natural shape
- Enhances appearance of ornamentals by promoting branching, giving shrubs and bushes a fuller, more compact, uniform shape
- Groundcovers establish sooner, producing denser cover without encroaching on driveways, walks and walls
- Can also reduce unwanted flowers and fruit on ornamental olive trees, glossy privet, multiflora rose and Japanese holly
Atrimmec Plant Growth Regulator is Labeled for use on:
- Ivy (Algerian, English)
- Forsythia (Spring growth)
- Ornamental Olive
- Glossy Privet
- Multiora Rose
- Other listed trees, shrubs, hedges and groundcovers
Atrimmec Plant Growth Regulator is Ideal for use on:
- Residential landscape sites
- Commercial landscape areas
- Nuisance fruit trees
- Landscape ornamentals