BotaniGard ES Mycoinsecticide is an effective biological insecticide that is used to control whitefly, thrips, aphids, and many other insects. It is based on the highly successful fungus, Beauveria bassiana strain GHA, and controls the most troublesome crop pests – even resistant strains such as Q-biotype whitefly. BotaniGard is versatile enough to use as a stand alone, as a tank mix partner, or in rotation with other insecticides.
BotaniGard ES Mycoinsecticide is a unique Mode of Action:
BotaniGard’s mode of action is unlike any conventional insecticide. The applied spores infect directly through the outside of the insect’s cuticle (the skin). Spores adhering to the host will germinate and produce enzymes that attack and dissolve the cuticle, allowing it to penetrate the skin and grow into the insect’s body. As the insect dies, it will change color to pink or brown, and eventually the entire body cavity is filled with fungal mass. The most common visible indication of insect death is a discoloration of the larvae or pupae. It is not necessary for a white fungal growth to occur to know the product is working; the insect is killed before this happens.
BotaniGard ES Mycoinsecticide Key Benefits:
- Superior formulation – highest spore concentration in a Beauveria-containing insecticide
- Insect control which equals or exceeds chemical insecticides
- Unique mode of action – spores infect directly through the insect’s cuticle
- Excellent tool for resistance management
- Cost effective – controls the early stages of insects, preventing population flare-ups and the cost of rescue treatments
- Excellent safety profile – large and diverse crop list and multiple use sites; reduced risk to workers and the environment
- Compatible for tank-mixes with many pesticides
- Exempt from residue tolerance and has a 0-day pre-harvest interval
- 4-hour REI
This is a perishable product. No returns accepted.