Opensight Herbicide is a proven, cost-effective granule herbicide allowing vegetation managers a convenient solution for hard-to-control weed species, including herbaceous weeds, brush and grass species plus glyphosate resistant species. This unique pre-mix formulation of aminopyralid and metsulfuron methyl has low use rates and can be used up to the water’s edge.
Opensight helps to increase productivity by providing broader season-long control with less effort through due to broadspectrum activity, a wide application window and soil residual properties.
For control of susceptible weeds and certain woody plants, including invasive and noxious weeds, on non-cropland areas including industrial sites, rights-of-way (such as roadsides, electric utility and communication transmission lines, pipelines, and railroads), non-irrigation ditch banks, natural areas (such as wildlife management areas, wildlife openings, wildlife habitats, recreation areas,campgrounds, trailheads and trails), and grazed areas in and around these sites.
Opensight Specialty Herbicide Controls Over 150 Weeds Including:
Key General Weeds Controlled:
Horsenettle, bedstraw, ragweeds, goldenrods, spiny amaranth, dandelion, wild carrot, ironweed, annual broomweed, biennial thistles, wild parsnip, pigweed, mustards
Key Noxious Weed Species:
Canada thistle, musk thistle, Scotch thistle, hawkweeds, knapweeds, knotweed, common tansy, marestail, tansy ragwort, poison hemlock, hoary cress (whitetop), houndstongue, common mullein
Key Brush Species:
Buckbrush, locust (black and honey), blackberry (Himalaya, trailing, and evergreen), salmonberry, thimbleberry, dewberry, rose, wisteria, tree of heaven, camelthorn, yucca, broom snakeweed, and mimosa See label for full list of species controlled
Opensight Specialty Herbicide Key Features:
- Increased spectrum of weeds controlled without tank-mixing herbicides.
- Wide window of application including use in fall or autumn.
- Easy to measure and mix formulation.
- General use product (an applicator license not required).
- Essentially non-volatile.
- Use site include roadsides, natural areas (such as wildlife management areas, wildlife openings, wildlife habitats, recreation areas, campgrounds, trailheads, and trails), and grazed areas in and around these sites.
- Labeled for use in riparian areas, non-irrigation ditch banks, seasonally dry wetlands and can be applied up to the water's edge of areas such as ponds, streams, etc. Do not apply directly in water.
We recommend the use of a spray adjuvant that helps break down waxy cuticle on leaf surfaces like Cide-Kick II with this product.