Reward Landscape and Aquatic Herbicide provides significant economic, societal, and environmental benefits due to its unique technical profile and excellent fit within an Integrated Aquatic Weed Management (IAWM) program. Reward is an important tool for aquatic weed control, providing advantages and opportunities for aquatic managers to achieve weed control goals using an environmentally sustainable approach.
The selective management of aquatic weeds is vital to the protection of water bodies within the United States. The benefits of Reward as an aquatic weed management tool are numerous.
The technical profile of Reward is key to its success as an aquatic herbicide.
Reward Landscape and Aquatic Herbicide Benefits:
- Rapid Activity Important in controlling fast-growing and quickly-spreading invasive weeds.
- Non-Systemic, Contact Action Affects only the vegetation it contacts.
- Rainfastness Re-spraying emergent or floating species after rainfall is unnecessary.
- Non-Volatile Presenting no vapor drift hazard.
- No Residual Activity Shortly after application, the active ingredient is deactivated and not biologically active to non-target organisms.
- Versatile IAWM Tool Active on a broad number of invasive species.
- Spectrum of Control Reward successfully controls over 15 major aquatic weeds including Eurasian Watermilfoil, Parrot Feather (Myriophyllum), Hydrilla, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, Giant Salvinia, and Brazilian Elodea